Be the change you want to see in the world. Mahatma Ghandi
January in UtahHello everyone. January is almost over and I tell you, I'll be happy. Utah has been in the frigid temps for several weeks now plus the inversion is hanging over the valley, locking in all the nasty air it can.
Here is a lovely pic of the air we're breathing. See all that yellow in the air? That's what the inversion is holding in. (Inversion - A temperature inversion is a thin layer of the atmosphere where the normal decrease in temperature with height switches to the temperature increasing with height. An inversion acts like a lid, keeping normal convective overturning of the atmosphere from penetrating through the inversion. This can cause several weather-related effects. One is the trapping of pollutants below the inversion, allowing them to build up.)
I'm Interviewed by my Daughter-in-law
Sweet Ange interviewed me on her blog. We are giving away a free 'Always' e-book from Smashwords. Here's the link if you'd like to read the interview or enter the drawing:
Very Inspiring Blogger Award
My good friend Tricia Drammeh http://blog.triciadrammeh.com/ nominated me for this wonderful award and I'm truly honored.The Rules of the Award are as follows:
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 bloggers for this award and link to them.
- Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
I've talked so much about myself before so instead I'm going to list my 7 goals for this New Year.
1. My main emphasis will be on marketing and networking
2. I will learn gimp so well that I can use it in my sleep
3. I will continue to promote the horrors of puppy mills
4. I will continue to promote the need for better understanding for those with mental illnesses
5. I will publish my book of poetry and my 2nd novel
6. I will get caught up on all my reviews
7. I will continue to support all of you in your endeavors
Now, I'm supposed to name 15 bloggers for this award, but I'm only going to nominate 5 since some of my friends have been nominated too.
1. There's Just One Mommy
2.Lariats and Lavender
3.Donna McBroom Theriot
4.Sally K Witt
5. Books Crafts and Pretty Things
Take a look at my lovely landing page. Ange helped me build it. It's not quite done yet, but I think she's done a great job. Ange is quite talented at building web pages.
My Facebook Page
I have finally built my facebook page. If you haven't seen it yet, please take a look and 'like' it. I'd really appreciate it.
The I Heart Books Blog Hop
If you haven't signed up yet for our blog hop, please do. You can find all the information and the link to the linky list at Joleeene Naylor Amaranthine Night This is open to anyone who loves to read, to writers, to bloggers, to book reviewers. Blog Hops are a great way to make new friends and find some fun blogs to follow.
Wishing you all the best. Be safe, be warm this winter.
LHR and PAWS for Success