I've Been Tagged - but not just by one blogger friend - by two! I am doubly thrilled with this honor.
Here are the rules:
The Tag rules;1. You must post the rules!
2. Answer the questions and then create eleven new questions to ask the people you’ve tagged.
3. Tag eleven people and link to them.
4. Let them know you’ve tagged them.
Barbara from March House Books tagged me first, so let's get to her questions.
1. Do you use a book mark or will any old bit of paper do? I prefer bookmarks, but if I can't find one I'll use anything that's flat enough. I actually do have a stack of bookmarks somewhere...
2. What new books are you most excited to read this year? Honestly, I am really into books written by my author friends. E-books have become my favorite way to read.
3. Favorite season? Summer, definitely. I love the dry heat of the desert and am most happy in 90 degrees temperatures.
4. If money were not an issue, what present would you give yourself? The best present for me would be to have enough money to share with all my relatives and friends, but that is a lot of money. My next choice would be to pay to move to a warmer climate.
5. Do you buy second-hand books, new books or both? I buy any kind of book! I could hang out in bookstores all day.
6. Early bird or night owl? Believe me, you don't want to come near me in the morning so I'm definitely not an early bird. Night owl is more like me.
7. Do you like to read a specific genre? If so, what is it? I love scifi or paranormal or a good mystery.
8. Who is your favourite literary character of all time? Boy, that's a toughie because there are so many. I favor moody/temperamental/intelligent men with more determination to succeed than any other character in that book. So Harry Potter, Severus Snape, Edward Cullens, Jorick, Odysseus son of Laertes, Sir Lancelot - well, you get the picture.
9. Physical books, e-books or audio books? Nowadays, I prefer e-books as long as I don't have to read them on my computer. But never, ever audio books. I can read quickly, so I find audio books to be boring.
10. If your life were made into a movie, who would you like to play you? Whoopi Goldberg because she's so dynamic and funny, and a great actor. In reality, it would probably be Kristen Stewart because she's already played a moody, brooding, serious person.
11. Cat person or dog person? Most definitely dog person.
If you haven't visited March House books, you really should. Barbara has such a fun site:
Kelly Hashway is a sweet person and published author. She tagged me too, so here are her questions and my answers:
1. If you could live in a fictional world, where would that be? I'd pick the world of 'Fablehaven' because of all the mythological creatures.
2. Do you read in noisy or quiet places? It must be quiet - no sound at all.
3. What was the first book you ever read? 'A Child's Garden of Verses' I'll never forget how much fun I had reading it.
4. If you could only read one book for the rest of your life, what would it be? Scary thought - to only have one book. I'd probably choose the 'Harry Potter' series since I still read them all once every year.
5. Favourite author? Edgar Allan Poe, without a doubt. Talk about moody, broody...
6. Do reviews influence your choice of reads? Not very often. I like to discover books on my own. However, sometimes if I'm not sure of a book I'll read reviews.
7. Fiction or Non-Fiction? Both - always has been both.
8. Have you ever met your favourite author? Now, that would be very scary indeed. Nope, never have met Edgar Allan Poe that I recall.
9. Audio books or paperbacks? Never audio books, unless I can't sleep.
10. Classic or modern novels? Both, any, all. I'm an avid reader of most genres except horror.
11. Book groups or solitary reading? I prefer solitary reading. When I'm done, a nice book group for discussion is enjoyable.
If you've never visited Kelly's blog, you should.
Now, I'm to pick 11 bloggers and give them 11 questions.
Here we go. PK Hrezo
The Blog Entourage
Pearldrops on the Page
The Life of a Novice Writer
The Sporty Mummy
Sally K Witt
Melinda Mcguire Writes
Several of these are new blogs I've been discovering and have had such fun with.
Ok. Now for my questions:
1. What book have you read more often than any other?
2. Which childhood story affected you the most?
3. What book would you like to see made into a movie?
4. Do you prefer one genre or do you like variety?
5. Which character from a book do you think is most like you?
6. You get sucked into the current book you're reading. What is that book and what is your emotion - happy, sad, scared?
7. Which book author created your favorite world?
8. E-books, physical books, or audio books?
9. How many books do you read in a year?
10. Describe your favorite character's personality and tell us who that character is.
11. Do you prefer reading in a cafe, library or home?
I can't wait to read all of your answers!
LHR my friends, and PAWS for Success.