Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Perfect Write

I am always searching for excellent information to guide me towards better writing.  One day a few months ago, I chanced upon Robert Bacon's website and signed up for his newsletters.  I have not been disappointed once.  He currently has 3 websites and I encourage you to take a look at them.

Robert L. (Rob) Bacon, Founder
The Perfect Write
®
http://theperfectwrite.com
http://rb@theperfectwrite.com
http://robertlbacon.blogspot.com
 
I am intrigued by his posting of some authors' works for critique.  Be sure and look at his blogspot.  
He has in the past mentioned how much top selling authors make.  Today, he talked about the amount of rejections.  I always find this inspiring.  For anyone who has submitted their works to agents or contests, it can be quite frustrating.  Here are just a few he mentioned:

Stephen King's 'Carrie' rejected 30 times.
Chicken Soup for the Soul - the concept rejected 33 times
Dr. Seuss - 24 times
Loius L'Amour - 200 rejections
J.K. Rowling - rejected over a dozen times.  The Publisher of Christopher Little Literary Agency accepted it based on the advise of the 8-yr old daughter of the company's CEO!  Smart publisher!

He also goes over grammar and other things that help fine-tune manuscripts.  Take a look, if you have time.  Sign up to receive his newsletters.  I've never been disappointed.

LHR

2 comments:

Jennifer Jackson said...

I will be sure to take a look. Thanks!

William Kendall said...

I'll take a look too!