Tuesday, July 6, 2010

St. George Utah

We have just arrived in St. George, Utah.  It is a beautiful city just at the border of Arizona.  It is a college town and retired city, the college being Dixie State. 

The drive from Las Vegas was only a couple hours, but it seemed longer because of crossing the desert.

I love this area.  The rocks are dirt are red, mixed with the brown desert earth and surrounded by mountains.  It is 110 degrees here today.  We will spend the night at TempleView Campground.  It is a very quiet and small campground, and very clean.

Tomorrow we head up and down all the mountains again.  It will be a longer drive - 6 to 8 hours.  By this time in our travels I look forward to going home.  Vacationing is fun, but it sure can tire me out and I'm beginning to miss my normal routines.

LHR

No comments: